Hosting with a family

Nathalie-And-Shawn0
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hosting with a family

Hi everyone, 

I want to put my house on airbnb. It has 4 bedrooms down stairs (2 of them can be its own private room/private bath and with private entrance). I have 3 bedrooms upstairs with its own private entrance as well. I want to list as an entire house but it technically wouldn’t be the entire house. It would be the entire bottom floor. The bedrooms upstairs is where I stay with my family and it’s private and can separated \closed off to the rest of the house. To where there is not interaction with the family’s unless they use the pool. What ways can I list it to say that the bottom half can be rented by a family of 10+ with the living area and kitchen but it’s not the entire house but it’s still very private. 

Also what ways can I list it to where ppl know I may have children as part of my family but you won’t be able to hear them.. and there Aren’t any newborns/infants.. 

thank you. 

1 Reply 1
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Nathalie-And-Shawn0 

It sounds like it should be a "secondery unit", Wikipedia explains it as:

Secondary suite (or accessory dwelling unit) is an urban planning term used mainly in North American English for a self-contained apartment in an owner occupied single-family home / lot that is either attached to the principal dwelling or in a separate structure on the same property.

The children you can explain about in the description and interaction with guests

Untitled3.png