Hot Tub Search function. Serve the customer please

Dave1097
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Hot Tub Search function. Serve the customer please

I typically prefer as a consumer to use AIRBNB myself, when looing for travel, and use them as a  host myself as do my rental management companies.    All that to be polite, and i hate to break this bad news, but there are competitor firms that are serving at least the end customer, if not your customer better, in that they allow me to FILTER for units with Hot Tubs, which we highly want during this trip to Spain in the Mediterranean with warm enough days to take a dip in the Sea, but coolish night time dips, perfect for a Hot Tub back at the hacienda.      

I figured I'd take my time to sadly inform AIrBNB that they aren't serving the customer as well.     WHy not?    And more odd b/c I recall you used to be able to filter by this.      Now thanks for letting me filter by units with "Hangers" etc....      

Has an algorythim messed up here?     Is it deemed a wise decision to not serve the end customer well, to protect some but not all of your hosts (who are also customers) from marketplace demand for hot tubs, that would exclude them from searches?    if so, just say so, so I can know that as a host with a hot tub, you're placing your thumb on the scale, and not in my favor, but because of a mysterious calculation you've all made??     

I'm asssuming this is too serious of a question to actually be answered by an AirBNB person, authorized to respond to customers/consumers on a matter like this, but maybe i'm wrong?

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can use the advance  search function on Airbnb to find listings with hot tubs @Dave1097 

Oh @Helen3 that is really quite funny. All @Dave1097 had to do was click the more filters button. Putting the fact that the filter exists to one side it appears all Dave really wanted was to gain a competitive advantage over other hosts. I really think there needs to be a filter for Croquet lawns but no one will listen to me! Boo Hoo.