How can I delete a message or pictures within the message?

How can I delete a message or pictures within the message?

Hi, can anyone help with deleting pictures within a message or advise how to delete the entire message? Thanks

11 Replies 11
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Miguel1703  Are you talking about a message you send to a guest, or a post you make on this forum?

Yes, the guest sent us a couple of pictures and they want those pictures deleted or the whole message thread deleted. We are happy to comply as the shack was left clean with no damage.

Just need to know how I can do this as I told the guest I would.

Thanks

@Miguel1703  I wouldn't think it possible to delete a message from a guest, so I'm not sure why you told the guest you would. You can archive a message, though.

I don't understand why the guest wants them deleted. What does it matter if they're there? What are they photos of? Does the guest think they're public? Only you and Airbnb can see your messages. 

We have an additional rule in our bookings for guests to send a copy of the front and back of their license so if something happens we can have their correct details to go further in chasing repair funds.

The guest didn't read the additional rules properly before booking, so when I asked for these details she was worried her personal details would be compromised if our passwords weren't strong enough to keep people out of our account or the app on our phones.

I have explained we don't go back into the messages unless their is an issue. 

So I said I would delete them afterwards as I thought it was possible.

Just trying to keep the guest happy. This is why I am asking how it can be done.

Thanks

A post I made on this forum.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

Pictures generally cannot be removed. I've tried.  Maybe you can try CS as this may be a breach of privacy or safety issue.

Thanks, how do you contact them please?

@Miguel1703 Ah, that makes sense. It's her personal ID- I thought you meant she sent photos of how she left the place.

There is a post at the top of the first page of this Help section on contacting Airbnb. As a host, you should always have this info at hand.

Thank you, I am talking to them now 🙂

Was there any resolution?

Sandy752
Level 1
QC, Philippines

You mean the person who uploaded his photo cannot remove it in inbox?! You better fire your UX for listening to his project manager. lol.