How can I received and embed code to share my Airbnb on my blog. Current instructions obsolete.

Answered!
Tom248
Level 2
Vashon, WA

How can I received and embed code to share my Airbnb on my blog. Current instructions obsolete.

I'm just trying to find and add the code to my blog, so my airbnb preview will appear and be a link for those interested in learning more or booking. Unfortunately, the instructions stated on this site do not work, or rather, the steps do not coincide with the current interface. 

1 Best Answer

Thank you Steve, you just saved me a couple more hours of scratching my head and searching. Your help worked perfectly. Most appreciated. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Tom248,

Yes, it is, to put it mildly, very unprofessional of Airbnb to change the interface and then to be not in the least bothered to update their help articles. They neglect this aspect of their operations again and again and aparently have no intention of putting a process in palce to take care of it as there is a history of it for the 15 months that I've been on this forum.

To find the badge to embed HTML for your listing, reviews etc. click on your profile photo and then on "Account settings" in the drop down menu. Then click on "Badges" on the left.

Then click on your listing photo.

Steve.

Thank you Steve, you just saved me a couple more hours of scratching my head and searching. Your help worked perfectly. Most appreciated. 

Erica55
Level 2
Newfane, VT

this does not work as of today -- Feb. 2019. I am trying to embed my listing on a new wordpress web site I am setting up and the badges embed does not work, furthermore there is no way to embed the actual listing. Can anyone help?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Erica55

The Airbnb badges are mainly containing Javascript, which execution can not be allowed by Wordpress for reason it is considered as being "unsafe" Then errors are then generated in a "debugging" window (if you have one available in your browser).

Also the badges are not reliable, as they are not allways updated when Airbnb makes changes to the platform.

So as an alternative you can add a link to your homepage (also upload a nice coverphoto !):

https://www.airbnb.com/users/1930438/listings

and build some custom HTML around it, like a photo of your listing etc...

Best regards,

Emiel

Thanks -- I'll try that, but I don't really have much in the way of html skills.