How can I see my rating as a guest?

Jon30
Level 1
Reykjavik, Iceland

How can I see my rating as a guest?

How can I see the overall rating I have received as a guest?

As I host I can now see the rating of my guests and I would be surprised if others can see my rating and I can't?

8 Replies 8
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Jon30 yes that is the way it works. Guests can't see the star ratings they are given. 

Jon30
Level 1
Reykjavik, Iceland

Soooo, my hosts can see it, but I can't?

Why is airbnb hiding information from me that I can find out anyway by just asking my last host?

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Jon30 @Ana1136, hosts actually cannot see star ratings anymore either. It stopped recently showing up for me and I've heard some hosts taking about it here over the last few weeks. 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Emilia42 I can still see them. Maybe it will change but they are available now. 

@Ana1136 

It is still giving me an average but the individual categories are done. This would be important to me because I don't really care about a 3 star in communication but I would definitely want to know about a 3 star in cleanliness.  

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.36.11 PM.png

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Emilia42 I agree that it is cery important to know the details. I can still see both. 

Mika330
Level 1
Bothell, WA

As a guest,  I would like to know what overall ratings I'm getting, and whether there's a certain aspect I should improve upon. I don't get why we can't at least see overall ratings. AirBnB, please allow that 🙂

@Mika330 If hosts are honest in their written reviews, that should give you an indication of whether there is any aspect of being a guest you need to improve on. And you can also ask your host if there is anything you could have done to be a better guest.

Hosts only have 3 individual things to rate guests on- communication, respecting house rules, and cleanliness. So if you are pretty sure you are doing those things well, chances are your ratimgs are fine.

Also realize that star ratings are quite subjective- one host may consider a guest leaving a bit of a mess to be just the cost of doing business and leave 5 stars as long as the place wasn't trashed, another may be quite upset at finding the guest didn't clean up well.

And hosts who don't use Instant Book, like me, can't see guest star ratings, either. All we have to go on are the written reviews. So the guest ratings are only visible to IB hosts, because they need more safeguards since they don't get to communicate with guests before a booking is confirmed.

Even if I used IB, I wouldn't put much stock in star ratings, because as I said, they are so subjective. I would have no way of knowing why a host gave a particular rating unless they mentioned it in the written review.