How do I ask AirBNB to place a hold on my payment?

Mira26
Level 1
Oslo, Norway

How do I ask AirBNB to place a hold on my payment?

I have just arrived at my destination, and discovered it is closed with no host there. The AirBNB help desk say that I should ask for a full refund, by going to my trips, then cancel - the amount that pops up is however not the full amount. It is still within the 24 hour limit (my first reserved day was today).

The problem is that I seem to be going round and round in circles in the AirBNB helpdesk. Does anyone know how to get in touch with them so that AirBNB put a hold on the outgoing payment?

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mira26

Hi Mira - do as the site instructs so that you at least prevent the majority of the payment going through. It thinks you are cancelling and therefore is retaining the booking fee (is my guess). You can sort this out later.

Once you have cancelled then call AirBnB. There are contact details on your booking confirmation.

Good luck

Thank you so much for helping. After having contacted the host numerous times, I ended up calling the AirBNB, and found a very helpful man there who immideately contacted the host, gave her a chance to sort this out first, and then as nothing happened cancelled the booking. AirBNB is refunding the whole amount payed, including their service charge. Luckily I found a hotel nearby with spare rooms.

Thank you so much for helping. After having contacted the host numerous times, I ended up calling the AirBNB, and found a very helpful man there who immideately contacted the host, gave her a chance to sort this out first, and then as nothing happened cancelled the booking. AirBNB is refunding the whole amount payed, including their service charge. Luckily I found a hotel nearby with spare rooms.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mira26

I know it is to late now but did you have any comunication with your host? Did he know when will you arrive ?