How do I cancel a confirmed reservation without being charged?

Viara0
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

How do I cancel a confirmed reservation without being charged?

Hello,

I found an interesting flat which was available for the dates I was enquiring but because the host usually accepts long stays I wanted to message her and get a feel of how likely it is to be available during that period. In order for me to message the host I had to confirm a method of payment. I put down paypal in order for my message to go through and my message seemed very positive that the host confirmed it and I then see that the money has gone through. How can I back out of this until I have a better idea on my travel situation??

Thank you,

Viara

3 Replies 3
Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Viara0,

Not sure what you mean by having to select a payment method to make a message go through. You can make enquiries/message a host without payment. So if a payment has gone through, you have made a confirmed reservation. 

You can cancel and depending on the host's cancellation policy, you will get the following back:

• Flexible: full refund up until 1 day prior to arrival, except fees.
  • Moderate: full refund up until 5 days prior to arrival, except fees.
  • Strict: 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival, except fees.

I guess it's best to wait until you are sure about your travel details until you make a reservation. 🙂

Viara0
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi @Enda0

The contact a host was not showing so the only thing they had on their listing's profile was Request to Book....

Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

You could explain the situation to Customer Services. They might be sympathetic if you made a mistake or there was a technical problem. Worth a try!