How do I cancel a reservation as a host without cost?

Alicia741
Level 1
County Donegal, Ireland

4 Replies 4
Sue101
Level 2
Chantilly, France

In short, you can't. AirBnb will charge you  for each cancellation, doubling it or suspending your ability to host, also removing your superhost status. Very unfair, unless there are a very few extentuation circumstances.

@Sue101 @Alicia741 

I don't think it's unfair that hosts get penalised if they cancel a reservation, unless they can claim extenuating circumstances.

@Alicia741  What's the reason for the cancellation? 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

You can cancel without penalties if the booking was an Instant Booking. There is a link within the cancellation help pages which outlines the procedure. There is a level of "attest" to these cancellations, but if you haven't used your quota, they're there for use.

If you do want to book with the least penalties then make sure that you use a desktop. A mobile device is more punitive as it doesn't allow lesser punitive options a desktop will. For instance, on a desktop you can cancel and block dates, or leave them open. On a mobile device you don't get those options.

Even where Airbnb state "No Charge" cancellations, there are penalties, so just be aware when going through the process.