How do I make sure 7% tax is taken and sent to Tourism in Puerto Rico

Carmen784
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

How do I make sure 7% tax is taken and sent to Tourism in Puerto Rico

This site is so difficult to find info.  Need info on how I can make sure ABNB takes out and sends 7% room tax to Puerto Rico Tourism

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Carmen784 

Your listing shows 7% Accommodations Tax (Puerto Rico) is charged to guests.

The Airbnb Help is also clear about this.

Best regards,

Emiel

Rob-And-Heather0
Level 2
Saratoga Springs, NY

So, I hoping to start an additional conversation about Airbnb's tax remittance (or lack thereof) in Puerto Rico (and maybe other municipalities and regions). We started renting a house in Dorado, PR in June 2020 and obtained a hotel tax ID number from the PR Tourism Company. I entered that info into our listing. After a few months of rentals (and filing tax reports with the authority) I became suspicious about how often or even IF they actually submit tax revenue to the PR Govt. In addition, there is no way to check and make sure that Airbnb has our correct ID number. Finally, I did get a reply from someone at Airbnb who indicated an incorrect tax number for us (not sure where they got the number from) and also that they only remit tax revenue once a year. Through the app or website there is no way for an owner to review or change the tax ID number associated with the listing, which is completely ridiculous. I can't get them to change it or respond. Has anyone actually been able to verify that Airbnb is remitting tax revenue? And, is the revenue being properly credited to your hotel ID number? Thanks for your help.