How to Snooze and Snooze Vs Deactivate

Answered!
Daniel290
Level 2
Ouray, CO

How to Snooze and Snooze Vs Deactivate

I am going on vacation and I would like to snooze my account so I do not have to worry about responding to requests or getting new reservations.  I think the help topic is out of date. Can someone please tell me where this setting is located?  Also not supper clear on the difference between Snooze and Deactivate. Snooze has an end time, deactivate does not?

Thanks

Dan

1 Best Answer
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Daniel290  to snooze your listing, on a PC/laptop go to Host -> Manage Listings, select the listing then in the calendar there is a menu over on the left, scroll down to the bottom and change the dropdown from Listed to Snoozed. A window will the open for you to enter the start and end dates for the snooze. You will receive an email 24 hours before the snooze ends to remind you that it is coming to an end.

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Daniel290  to snooze your listing, on a PC/laptop go to Host -> Manage Listings, select the listing then in the calendar there is a menu over on the left, scroll down to the bottom and change the dropdown from Listed to Snoozed. A window will the open for you to enter the start and end dates for the snooze. You will receive an email 24 hours before the snooze ends to remind you that it is coming to an end.

victoria,  found it. Thanks for the help

Zeph0
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I can't find the drop down menu on the calendar page! Has it changed?

Aukje0
Level 2
Cockatoo, Australia

same here. It must have change din the last few days (with the policy update?) as in the weekend I checked and it was there.

the help file has not changed though.

cheers,

aukje

Amy42
Level 4
Oakland, CA

I'm not clear on the difference either, and when I just snoozed my listing there was no place to put an end date (which is fine, I can do it manually). If anyone has clarification I'd be glad to understand better

Maeva38
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hello I can’t snooze my listing either 

it says I am not connected to Ap or AI to be able to activate. 
what shall I do? I hate to keep declining requests 

thank you so much 

@Maeva38  I can't help you on the snoozing issue, but until you figure it out, you should block your calendar dates so you stop getting requests and having to decline them.

Hello Sarah, I can't even block my calendar dates either. 

It has been very frustrating. I will try again. 

Thank you so much. 

Maeva38
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I can’t find the drop down and nothing in the left when I am selecting listing on my PC

HELP please 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Maeva38 go into your listing. select listing details and then scroll down (on a PC) until you find listing status which you can edit.

Thank you so much Mike and Jane, I did try that but it won't let me edit. 

I will try again. 

This is the message I keep getting when trying to edit listing. Again, I am trying to snooze my listing.

Listings not available for editing. Edits are only available for listings that are API connected.

Maeva38
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hello Mike and Jane and Sarah, I was able to access my calendar and just block the dates I was not available to host. Thank you so much all of you.

With much gratitude:)