How to boost your home on searches?

Chelsea198
Level 1
Louisville, KY

How to boost your home on searches?

A friend and fellow AirBnB host pointed out that my home barely comes up on a search of homes in my town, even though there are few listings here. Most the searches directed her to the major city a few miles away. Even when she specifically searched for a home with my zip code. Does anyone know how to boost your home in search results or what Airbnb algorithms are that would point people to homes away from where they search? It should be noted, I’m a 5 star host. Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Chelsea198 

The best way to boost a listing is to switch on instant booking, it also helps if you don't have 2 cancellations on your listing.

The link below explains searching

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Your-top-questions-about-Airbnb-Search/m-p/509644

Kelly873
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

If you don’t want to do instant (I never do) just accept as much as you reasonably can in a short period of time. I went from bottom of listings (page 5) to #3 on page 1 in one week.  Of course, when I began declining due to schedule conflicts, we started to slip. So...that has a lot to do with it.  The more positive ratings you have, the more you get booked so you can lower prices or take more at first to build up your ratings. We are too busy & don’t want so much wear & tear on our home but if you need the traffic, that’s my suggestion. 

Thanks so much!