How to get support from AIRBNB hosts to fight city from banning AIRBNB in El Segundo,CA

JoAnn1
Level 2
El Segundo, CA

How to get support from AIRBNB hosts to fight city from banning AIRBNB in El Segundo,CA

El  Segundo, CA is trying to Out law AIRBNB in our town and I have been fighting them for 2 year and I am the only AIRBNB host that goes to the councel meeting to  fight for AIRBNB hosts.  On the other side there about 15-20 residents trying to stop AIRBNB in El Segundo. 

I can not win the fight along. On Nov 6 the councel will discuss AIRBNB future and El Segundo Hosts need to get together to present our side to the councel.

My Name is Duane ** (A host for 4 years)

My email address is **

Please email me if you can support me in this fight.

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

6 Replies 6
Tueykay0
Level 10
Santa Monica, CA

@JoAnn1

Have you considered joining the Airbnb FB page and asking others who may be in El Segundo to help with your cause?

Good luck!

What is the Airbnb FB page and how do I join?

Tueykay0
Level 10
Santa Monica, CA

You log into your FB account and search under: Airbnb Professional Hosts-USA

Yes, I would like to fight for short term rentals in El Segundo and have police ticket the few that have parties instead of the homeowner who does everything in their power to ensure the guests follow the rules.  Laura, 310-658-8831. I'm willing to hire a lawyer to fight as I've received a notice that I can no longer have a vacation rental.  Do you know of any?

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Wishing you luck as I'd like to visit my kid at U.C. San Diego someday..... My 2 cents  for success is for hosts being willing to accept limits & regs & emphasizing the benefits to the community that a well run airbnb industry can bring. Local folk are going to be more persuasive than a company that's in need of a perception makeover, right? 

Wanda197
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hi JoAnn, I’m here to support. I believe I met you and your husband once, in your home, when you hosted a meeting around the City Council wanting g to ban Airbnbs.