How to handle request for address?

Alex8012
Level 1
Asheville, NC

How to handle request for address?

I guess that is renting our house in 2 weeks, for 2 weeks, has requested our exact address so that they can have something shipped to the house while they are there.  We don't usually send our exact address until the day before a guest arrives.  Is this a reasonable request?  What if the package gets there before or after their stay?  Are there other security concerns?  Thanks

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alex8012 

Useally the addres is already on the itinerary, except when you have set in the listing to wait for cancellation time period. That been said, it is not common practice guest can sent packages to an Airbnb accommodation and certainly not if they did not even are checked-in.  If they need to send something, they can use a local service point from DHL. or whatever is used for transport, and collect it from there.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Alex8012, @Emiel1 

Begs the question - Are your guests trying to set up tenancy or squatting.  Me, I would go digging for more info. Red Flag

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Alex8012    No, no, no.  Receiving mail or packages at a rented address is the first step to long term tenancy in NC.  My rental property does not accept mail, and if a package not addressed to me or my business arrives, it is returned to the local post office.  Tell the guest to have their package go to the local post office or UPS store.  They can pick it up there.