How to keep guest to respect your guest limit

Dana347
Level 1
California, United States

How to keep guest to respect your guest limit

I have had several guest stay and say they only have my guest limit of people then they end up having twice as many.  What can you do about that and how can you stop that?

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Dana347 if you are a remote host I would suggest setting up security cameras in the entrance so that you can control how many guests are coming in. Don't forget to fully disclose the security cameras in your description. I would also mention them again in my message after the guests book or even better, before they book and I would let them know that bringing any extra people would result in cancelation of their reservation. This would stop most of those kind of guests. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Dana347   In both your Havasu entire home and your Palm Desert private room, you provide sleeping accommodation for way more than the stated number of acceptable guests.  Why?  If you intend to negotiate  and charge for more guests than your listing, you could make that clear in both the description listing and the extra guest fee charged.

In your pre-booking or booking confirmation message, you could request the full names of all the guests.  Beef up your rule to read "only registered guests can be on the property"  What local presence do you have for the remote house?  You would need to inspect what you expect in terms of how the guests use your place.

Regarding your private room listing, it is unclear if there are two bedrooms available as pictured or if only one bedroom is available as labled.  Who shares the bathroom?  Are you living there or is there another guest room?  If each room can be used by different parties,  you should list each bedroom separately.