How to you best deal with guests partying in your house and upsetting the neighbours?

Susan37
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

How to you best deal with guests partying in your house and upsetting the neighbours?

3 Replies 3
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

You have a house rule that forbids parties in your house.  You also have rules about the maximum # of guests allowed into your property, and you state that guests may not bring visitors to the house, and that no one who is not named and paid for in advance and is part of the reservation group, may set foot on your property.  And then if you find out there are people in your house who are not part of the reservation, you go over there and evict them right away, and maybe even evict everyone.  A good house rule to have is "significant violation of house rules will result in immediate termination of the reservation and forfeiture of all fees paid."  ANd maybe also state explicitly that if guests sneak in additional guests who are not on the reservation, they will be asked to leave immediately and will get no refund.  See this post about this issue: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Number-of-Guests-Booking-Suggestion-for-Airbnb/m-p/2...

Kelly3
Level 10
Seoul, South Korea

@Susan37

It depends on where and how you are hosting, and how serious this 'partying' is. 

If there was no extra people other than registered guests, and the noise level was understandable, I would just tell them to be quiet, and apologize to my neighbors. 

But for more serious 'partying', with extra guests, huge noise, mess, etc - immediate eviction works the best. Contact Airbnb about this matter right away, and get them to cancel this reservation as well.

When this kind of things happen, the guests will get upset no matter what. If they were the people who would be understanding of the situation and truely sorry for what they did, they wouldn't even try this in the first place. So it won't really work to warn them to be quiet. Also the place is already a mess, it would be just expected that they won't clean it up and just make more mess.

You  rent out your beautiful entire house to 10 guests for 158€ per night. That's a reason in itself to have a party! Plus the beach nearby, lovelydecor,garden, views.You need to sort out any inconvenience to neighbours immediately as any complaints could lead to your listing being removed due to pressure by your local council, hotels, in fact anyone who is against airbnb. I agree that adding "significant violation of house rules will result in immediate termination of the reservation and forfeiture of all fees paid."  sends a very clear message to guests.But you need to be closeby to enforce your rules as soon as they are ignored. I don't understand photo 27/33, it looks like a party. Unfortunatly the last review you received in January does mention they rented out your home for a 30th birthday so I would expect more parties to come and with the windows open and jacuzzi in the gardens i wouldn't want to be living next door this summer.