I want to permanently close and my account....

Petar55
Level 1
Budva, Montenegro

I want to permanently close and my account....

I want to permanently close and delete my account???

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Petar55 

There's a difference between deactivating and deleting your account.

Deactivating means that your account will just be hidden, and your data will still be retained by Airbnb, for whatever purposes. 

Deleting your account completely requires you to either call Airbnb, or send an email to the company's data protection dept at dpo@airbnb.com.

Under Article 17 of GDPR, the Right of Erasure (more commonly known as the right to be forgotten), hosts can - and should - require that Airbnb permanently deletes your personal data. You also have the right to ask for details of any third party entities with whom your data has been shared (for ID verification purposes, for example), exactly what data, if any, will be retained by Airbnb, and on what grounds that data won't be deleted. Airbnb is obligated to respond to any such requests within 28 days. 

All who get paid through Airbnb Ireland UC, Airbnb Payments UK Ltd, Airbnb Global Services Ltd/Airbnb GSL (applies to Japan, but an Irish registered company), Airbnb Payments Australia Ltd, or Airbnb Payments Luxembourg SA (for payments on or after March 25, 2019) are considered data subjects under GDPR - General Data Protection Register.

**Hosts in China, India and the US should check their relevant data protection laws.

Please i like to delete my account . Thank you for cooperation.  Stankovic Petar