ID Verification

Martin480
Level 2
Olympia, CA

ID Verification

I've reached a block with the id verification process, getting the message "ID has changed" or "photo is not clear" no matter how clear or how many times I send photos of my DL (with a good quality digital camera) and no other hint as to what is wrong. Initially the photos are accepted but when trying to book these error messages come up.

4 Replies 4
Peter618
Level 10
Chur, Switzerland

@Martin480

For ID verification your profile photo should be similar to the photo on the document (DL) uploaded. Your current profile photo #1 is wide angle with 70% landscape, and your profile photo #2 is the silhouette of an anonymous person. Also, if asked to upload a selfie, try again to make another photo similar to the DL.

Also if your DL has two sides, upload both of them.

Martin480
Level 2
Olympia, CA

I finally got it working by taking another photo of my DL in portrait rather than landscape. It's crazy if that's the reason. The profile pics are irrelevant I think. 

@Martin480, glad it worked now for you.

"The profile pics are irrelevant I think."

I dont think so, from the help:

id.jpg

I don't want to upload my ID and my prospective host has disabled this but I still can't book. I have booked two other places without any trouble and I can book other places in the same city without any problems. I have tried using different computers, iPads, deleting apps and receiving new invititations from my host. We are both at a loss. Any ideas?