In need of Itemized Receipt.

Dylan29
Level 1
Astoria, OR

In need of Itemized Receipt.

I recently stayed at an Air bnb location for 8 days. I have been given a receipt, but am in need to get that same reciept itemized. Similar to how a hotel gives you a receipt for each day showing the daily rate, taxes and fees. I have talked to 02 customer service representitves with zero help. 

Has anyone ran into this issue before and had it since resolved? It seems if I had a buisness account the receipt would have been itemized. I just made a buisness account to see if there is anyway a past receipt can become itemized, when bringing up that question to customer service they gave me a conclusive response of  "I do not know".

Anyhelp would be greatly appriciated!!!!!

13 Replies 13
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

Dylan, when I view my trips I can view a receipt that does separate the cost into service fees and nightly rate. The nightly rate includes taxes though. You just have to view the detailed receipt.

If that is not enough for you, and you need to know exactly how much was taxes, I know as a host I can see the amount of taxes that were collected. (I live in a state where taxes are collected by Airbnb). If that is the case you could contact your host and see if they could tell you how much of the fee was for taxes. Another way to do that is to go to the same listing you stayed at, and enter two upcoming dates. See if the price is the same as what you were charged initially - if Airbnb collects taxes in that state, an itemized amount will pop up and you will be able to see automatically what the tax rate is.

It is also possible that you rented from someone in a state that lacks a tax agreement with Airbnb. If that is the case, Airbnb wouldn't know the taxes that were collected, and the host may or may not be collecting and tracking taxes. In those states, since Airbnb generates your receipt, they only know the total charge the host charged you, and the Airbnb service fee. 

Can you tell me how to get a receipt that will show the nightly rate? I have had zero luck.

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Karen1918 In Airbnb website,

(1) Click Trips after you log in.

(2) Select and click the property listing which you booked. 

(3) Scroll down to find Payment Details

(4) Click Get Receipts which is underlined

(6) Find Payments

(7) Click Get Receipt and you will see an itemized receipt which you can print

These instructions don't show a daily receipt for me.  It's just a single page receipt.

@Brandon440  It should show the nightly rate x the number of days. And the cleaning fee and the service fee and the taxes. You won't find a more itemized receipt, that's all you get. It's not going to break it down per day. It's up to you to do that math.

James2722
Level 2
Columbus, GA

I’ve been searching as well. I’m about to be on the hook for nearly $2k because an itemized receipt is required for me to be reimbursed. Horrible mistake I made  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@James2722 Hopefully @Anonymous will tell you where to find the itemised receipt.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@James2722 

For business travel please read:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1184/how-do-i-identify-a-reservation-as-a-business-trip

I hosted several guests who were able to declare the costs of there work trip successful by using the option above.

added:

If an organisation is booking the trip for there employees, it is even more simple:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2442/as-a-travel-admin-how-can-i-get-a-receipt-for-a-business-tr...

Thank you for the help. This unfortunately isn't going to be good enough. It needs to break the nightly rate, taxes, and fees daily. Like a hotel receipt does and it must come from airbnb, not something I do on my own. . Nothing I see does that and is very unfortunate as I am about to be out over 30 days of travel and per diem.  I can't believe I was so dumb. 

@James2722 did you happen to resolve this? I am in the same situation as you were. AF won't reimburse Air BnB any more without the itemized receipt, apparently a new policy that I was not aware of and wasn't there a year ago when I utilized Air BnB for a TDY. Would be happy to hear if you got this resolved!

I'm in the same boat, but for the Army. Did you find a way to get the itemized receipt? @Danielle1254 

I’m active duty too. Turns out the only way to get a ‘proper’ itemized receipt is booking as a ‘business’ account, which you can only do before booking. When u complete your orders they will end up paying you back for the nightly fee, all the additional fees may be claimed else where or out of pocket. For me I had to pay out of pocket for all fees excluding the lodgings hope that helps!

Usually, after completing the check-out, you have to ask for a detailed invoice to meet your payment needs, If you forget, there's no way to save it.

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines