Infants

Matt-and-Halina0
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Infants

Why is it that when someone checks in as a couple with an infant, the infant doesn't count as an "extra" person?? I can't seam to find anywhere on our settings to change this? Have had two instances in the last month where a couple has stayed with an infant and even pulled out the spare trundler bed from under the main bed, used extra towels and left a bin full of dirty nappies.... Don't get me wrong, we have had "full paying" guest leave the place in a worse state, but an extra person, is an extra person! Is there a way to charge for an infant if there isn"t an option to do so?

3 Replies 3
Flavia195
Level 10
Grande Prairie, Canada

@Matt-and-Halina0  the only way to avoid this kind of situation is choose "not suitable for kids" or raise your cleaning fee.

Eckhard15
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I agree with original poster, generally toddles dirty walls with their hands, leave 4-7 nappies in the bin over a weekend etc, however AIRBNB does not give me the option to charge for toddlers?!, kind of weird, it does not make sense. Now I am being forced to go "not kid friendly" whereas I could have provided a service at a fee.

Airbnb allows you to charge for infants. But it needs to be listed in the House Rules.  If the client booking doe s not read the house rules, that is an issue that affects them.