Instant Booking and Cancellations

Instant Booking and Cancellations

If I have instant booking turned on can I cancel someone who instantly booked my place without penalty within 24 hours of their booking?

I had recently read somewhere that I could do this. However, I am not confident that this applies to instant bookings as well.

Thanks in advance!

- Stuart

2 Replies 2
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Stuart94  You May read the following Airbnb link about the penalty free cancellation for Instant Booking. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2022/how-do-penaltyfree-cancellations-work-for-instant-book-host...

What you you mentioned is not true. You could have only three cancellations in one year if you have instant booking turned on. However, you better to call Airbnb to cancel a confirmed booking because many hosts had posted here about their mistreatment by Airbnb after they canceled a reservation even though they had instant booking on.

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I did InstantBook for about 1 day, then gave up when the first person who booked used someone else's account to book. That was a whole charade trying to get that straightened out. Occasionally I have someone wanting to bring pets to my no-pets stay, or 4 people to my max 2 people stay, etc.

InstantBook is puffed up by Airbnb as a way to increase your bookings. Well I do just fine without InstantBook.