Instant book

Belinda31
Level 2
Banbury, GB

Instant book

Hi everyone -- I'm quite new to Airbnb and i seem to have an 'instant book' setting that i cannot cancel. Does anyone know how to turn it off? I don't have a particular enquiry at the moment that i want to unravel, but i just don't want 'instant book' turned on because i like to have a conversation with guests before confirming them.

10 Replies 10
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

From what I can gather it is stuck on for new hosts. I have no idea why or if you can change it in the future. It's a bad experiment by AirBnb. 

I agree, if that is what it is! Thought it was just me being rubbish!

James120
Level 2
New York, NY

In mine it works. I can just turn it on or off whenever I want..

wish i could! just can't work it out and can't find a number to call airbnb!

Ishbell0
Level 2
Oban, United Kingdom

Hi.

go to your listings and where it states 'instant booking' there is a yellow zigzag click that and your instant bookings status will be removed instantly.

It worked for me as I was so busy and exhausted that I couldnt keep up with the 'instant booking' and made a boob one day and had a double booking for 1 room ( phone booking).

Hope this helps and makes sense.let me know how you get on.

Ishbell

Hi Ishbell -- Thanks so much for your help! Unfortunately when i click on the instant booking red box it just shows up the calendar, and when i unclick it is still switched on. So frustrating! I really want to be able to talk with people before they book! Maybe as the other replies have suggested i just can't switch it off because i am new?? Not quite sure how to edit my listing also though -- perhaps i am not in host mode! Whenever i click on edit listing it just shows the calendar. Grrr!

Belinda

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ishbell

No it won't I'm afraid. BnB has imposed instant booking on a percentage of new hosts. They refused to lift it, even if hosts are experiencing problems.

It's a terrible way for BnB to do business. They refuse to explain why they have imposed thos and refuse to consider lifting it.

Meric0
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi Belinda, I had the same problem and deleting the listing and creating a new one worked for me. Good luck!

Not sure i can be bothered delisting and doing it again, but it might come to that! Thanks Meric.

Not sure i can be bothered delisting and doing it again, but it might come to that! Thanks Meric.