Iphone app - I'm not getting notifications anymore...

Barbara83
Level 3
Copenhagen, Denmark

Iphone app - I'm not getting notifications anymore...

I'm a host and used to get notifications from the app every time there's a booking request or guest contacting me. Now I've stopped receiving these notifications for some reason... It's important for me to react quickly on requests.

I've checked my iphone and the Airbnb app is no longer in the "Message center" and it's probably the reason why I'm not getting the alerts. However, when I go to the Airbnb app it's not possible to add it to the message center... very weird. Anybody knows about this bug??

Thanks.

10 Replies 10
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Barbara83 I've noticed the same in the last 3 days. Haven't had time to look into it, but something is definitely odd, because 2 notifications never pinged my phone. Fortunately, I happened to log into the web site and noticed I had booking requests; otherwise I might've overlooked them and let them run past the dreaded 24-hour deadline.

Lesson learned: I can't count on the phone app for notifications, and therefore should check the website 2-4 times per day.

or get email notifications... 😉

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Go to your iPhone Settings, then Notifications, then Airbnb and make sure everything is turned on.

I wrote that this was not working since the app disappeared under "notifications"...

Finally I got it figured out! I deleted the app (twice) and reinstalled it and then I was asked whether I wanted notifications from this app. So now it's under my notifications again and hopefully I'll get alerts from now on 🙂

It happend to me too, but I am receiving messages from ABB on gmail and then from gmail on iphone so I didn't miss any . ( Jesus prays but Buddha makes backup 🙂

Thanks for your information. 

I got exactly the same problem as yours, all phone setting is checked and nothing wrong to make it happen except "Airbnb" is missing in the Notification list in iPhone. Nothing we can do about in the phone setting for sure. I have tried many different ways. None of them works.

I'm trying to reinstall Airbnb APP for the second time. Hope it'll work again as you.

It's solved, by re install the app. when it asks for any notification, tap "yes" and turn it all on.

If it works again, choose to cancel any other unwanted notification in phone setting or Airbnb setting,  in later time.

@Cynthia-and-Chris1 I think this was a temporary glitch. My phone settings had (and still have) all notifications set ON for AirBnB, and it had been working well for the past year. Then a few notifications were never delivered. Now it seems to be working again. For me, at least; can't speak for others.

I'm also set up to receive duplicate notifications via standard SMS text message, and those also failed to appear for the ones that failed to be delivered from the app. That combo effect points to something "deeper" in AirBnB's notification system than just a problem with the app.

Yes, it must have been a temporary glitch. Mine seems to be working now. Thanks. 🙂