Is the " I'm forwarding your inquiry to a member of our team who can better assist you. They'll be getting in touch with you soon" Airbnb's new way of just hanging up on you?

Is the " I'm forwarding your inquiry to a member of our team who can better assist you. They'll be getting in touch with you soon" Airbnb's new way of just hanging up on you?

I am a host since 2013. During this time, I have witnessed a steady decline in the quality of Airbnb's support desk performance, that became more and more automated and robotic, and increasingly providing irrelevant answers to the issues.

But nowadays, helpdesk reached rock bottom. 

I have opened 3 tickets since late September and ALL of them were answered with the infamous "Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. I'm forwarding your inquiry to a member of our team who can better assist you. They'll be getting in touch with you soon". Which is another way of saying in a professional language that "I have no idea how to solve your issue and your time is up and have to move to the next customer. So long, good luck and dont expect anyone to contact you about your issue"

The "soon" they mention actually means "never". Taking into consideration that at least in my case, I wait for more than 2 months for that "member of our team who can better serve you", and of course noone ever responded ever since...

Good job Airbnb..thank you for such a great support to your hosts.

Oh and btw, as a supershost I m supposed to get priority in the support desk...

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Martina-And-George0 

There are reports people waited more then 5 months before getting an answer.or solution.

I myself have an open ticket for months about a missing payout from march (!).... Every few weeks i submit something like "are you still working on my issue ?", but nobody is responding. Even the robots are  ignoring me :>( 

BTW Sometimes a message via Twitter (Account: AirbnbHelp) can trigger a case, give it a try !

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

It simply means that the tick box script that the "team member" has before them doesn't contain any information relevant to your question, so they don't know the answer, simple as that.  Response times will invariably suffer as a result and this could impact your ability to take care of your guest as you might feel appropriate.  It's probably the new standard for levels of support hosts should expect in the future, not encouraging.

Short answer? Yes - it's a hang up. I had two pressing problems and it took two weeks to get a real person. When she called (Jendl - worst CS ever hired) - I got non-answers, and a lot of "it's private" in answers to my questions. I now know why. Not sure any of them even work for Airbnb. This was eye-opening.  With so much social media and so many journalists out there investigating, not sure why Airbnb can't just be more transparent. The platform could be amazing if there were better leadership at the top:

https://www.propublica.org/article/meet-the-customer-service-reps-for-disney-and-airbnb-who-have-to-...

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Martina-And-George0 , @Christine615 ,

In the latest Host Update, Catherine Powell sits down with Tara Bunch Airbnb Global of Operation 🎬

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Customer-service-updates-payments-and-more-in-the...

🤔

Heather1086
Level 9
Boring, OR

Just had this happen too!  Have a questionable guest in the house right now and needed some guidance... not holding my breath and gearing up my listing on another platform.

Buddhas0
Level 7
Salt Lake City, UT

My new favorite when calling in or from the canned messages is "Thanks for choosing Airbnb". Why are they saying that, what is there meaning?