Issues Exporting My Airbnb iCal link into other longer term operators... Any Idea's / Solutions

Issues Exporting My Airbnb iCal link into other longer term operators... Any Idea's / Solutions

When I import my Airbnb iCal link on 2ndaddress (longer term website). It says I have successfully imported my iCal link but not dates are blocked out... Any ideas why the dates are not being correctly blocked out?

As I know others have had issues with VRBO, Etc.

5 Replies 5
Hilary79
Level 8
Spokane, WA

I am experiencing the same problem.  Found out about the issue last Friday (5/25) when I received an IB for a date that should have been 'blocked' that I knew wasn't available.   A ticket has been opened with AirBnB and I am anxiously awaiting a solution.   

As I've been monitoring this issue for several days now, this is what I've seen:

The AUTOMATIC calendar block data feed from VRBO & Homeaway isn't working. Yes, you can do a manual sync but it only blocks for a little bit of time then the dates are again open.   The calendar block data feed from booking.com IS working.   

Placing a manual block on dates directly through the AirBnB calendar doesn't work either.  It'll show blocked for a few minutes then the block disappears.

And yes, I've relinked the calendar feed several times.  The blocked dates are pulled in but later disappear and my calendar is again open.  Personally I believe there is a system issue where, when the system goes to pull in the data to do the sync, it is overriding any previously placed date blocks which is why a manual calendar sync or manually placed date block doesn't stay "blocked" very long.

My listing is now 'snoozed' awaiting a solution to this issue!  Hopefully the more AirBnB hears about this issue the more efforts will be placed on a resolution.  Thus far I thought I was the lone voice...

Thanks for the information! Please let me know if there is any solution posted to the ticked your referenced 🙂 

Yes, will do!

I've also noticed that I keep getting a 503 error so I believe that is the root cause of the iCal issue.

Hilary79
Level 8
Spokane, WA

To provide an update, the ticket that I had opened with Customer Service all of a sudden showed 'closed' on their website.  I called that same day and they shared that they had forwarded my ticket to their technical department.  No updates since then.

Me being me, and this calendar-blocking-not-working-thing a HUGE issue, I opened a ticket online.  Received a quick reply with instructions on how to block a date and to please let them know if that didn't fix the issue.  I responded sharing that it blocks the date for only a few minutes then the block disappears.  No reply...

THEN I went on Facebook yesterday and sent an IM.  I did receive a reply and the shared that the issue has been forwarded to their technical team for resolution, no ETA.  But this representative did share with me the assigned ticket number when I asked. 

Fingers remain crossed for a quick resolution!