Issues with minimum stay showing, plus system bug and incorrect price showing

Daniel2230
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

Issues with minimum stay showing, plus system bug and incorrect price showing

I've been having several problems reecently with guests wanting to book my property but not realising they can.

I have it set on a minimum 3 night booking as standard, but then add a seasonal requirement on the app to set the minimum stay to 1 night for 2 weeks in the future. However the problem is it still says  minimum 3 night booking on the listing even when people enquire to stay just for one night during the 1 night minimum seasonal requirement. I'm getting lots of messages from people saying will I let them stay just for one night, even when they can! 

Why doesn't it say "minimum booking variable" instead?

The other problem I'm having is I usually have the listing set on  smart pricing, but turn that off if the property isn't booked a few nights before and put a lower price. However a system bug still shows the higher "Smart Price" instead of the lower price that I've set. I'm losing bookings because of this!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Daniel2230,

Do you turn of smart pricing just for the few nights (by setting custom fixed price) ?

Another option is to create a ruleset and use the last-minute discount or a custom discount for those nights.

The listing-text shows the min. stay as set in the standard variable. The seasonal min. stay is not mentioned in the listing. Instead of using these customized options from the standard settings, you can also create a ruleset for that with same effect, but probably more convenient.

I cold not check it, as you own multiple listings and the specific" customized" period is not mentioned by you.

best regards,

Emiel

Daniel2230
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

thanks for your reply Emiel! I think I see what you mean.

So I should set my standard variable minimum stay to no minimum, but create a custom rule set with a minimum 3  night booking, and apply it two weeks in the future for 6 months ahead?

Sarah2138
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi do anyone lower the price during the week/discount ...compare to the weekend?