Larger Text Box on Airbnb App for Guest Communications

Tom852
Level 1
Hazard, KY

Larger Text Box on Airbnb App for Guest Communications

Rather insignificant point but...…..when using a cell phone for communications with guests or to do reviews, the text boxes are so tiny on the app that you can only see the line you're typing on at the moment.  If you need to make edits, you then have to scroll up or down which, on my I Phone anyway, isn't the easiest thing to do.  Could the text box size be increased so that you can at least see the last few lines you've written if not the entire message?  Again......nothing I can't live without but it seems that this would be a rather simple fix.  Does anyone else find this an aggravating part of doing reviews or communicating with guests?     

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Tom852 & welcome to ABB CC from Auckland, New Zealand

Yes!!!

I agree it needs to be much bigger.

I noticed that to when trying to do a review over the weekend on my phone.

It would make a BIG difference.

All the best

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

Hi @Tom852 

As you say, it's nothing I can't live with, but it's a bit like a dripping tap - maddening. I avoid using the app as much as I can and the messaging gui is a big part of it.

I've also noticed that half the time when I use the messaging app, I get a message saying the text hasn't sent, so please "retry". EVERY time I "retry", the message gets sent twice, making me look like a numpty. (I really don't need Airbnb's help for that 😕 ) Quite bothersome.

Susan263
Level 2
Joshua Tree, CA

It’s awful, I actually search the discussion looking for this very post and disappointed to find there’s no work around. The APP whether on an iPhone or iPad the text field set for communication is about 2% of the entire displayed page.

So much information is displayed clearly yet where you are designated to type is extremely small, only a few lines.  Worse yet, there’s no preview so you either have to scroll up and down and hope you have things right or press send and watch your jibber jabber post to your guest.

Airbnb is not setting us up for the most professional communication or success.  They encourage host and guest to use the app that make it difficult to do so.   The simplest fix is a larger typing field or have the full-time web developers  allow a more modular and user specific view  where you can choose the size of each field based on preference.

David-and-Patricia0
Level 2
Karana Downs, Australia

Yes we agree entirely. Is anything being done to fix this problem?
Some messages are being sent to our guests with unwanted text at the end because we are unable to adequately review the message