Last Minute Booking & Have never used Airbnb Before!

Hunter0
Level 1
Lexington, Kentucky, United States

Last Minute Booking & Have never used Airbnb Before!

Hello!

I have had a last minute inquiry today for four people who want to rent my home for two weeks, starting Monday! However, they have never used airbnb before and do not have a profile or a profile picture of themselves. The gal booking works for a company who has a conference in my town, she is trying to book the place for her four bosses and a dog. Should I see a red flag here? I just wanted to put it out there and get some ideas from all of you, as I have only hosted once before. Thanks in advace!!

4 Replies 4

In order to protect yourself and protect your asset, the booking must be done by whoever is staying at your place or the insurance becomes invalid.

Even if a daughter is booking for her Mom we insist the Mom opens an Airbnb account.

We always ask our guest to check out our house rules. In the event, the guests do not abide by the house rules you may cancel the reservation and  still collect part of the revenue and it does not count against your status.

Make sure all messages are done through Airbnb.

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Seems like the dog should join ABB not the PA

seriously you need to have a communication with guest not the PA you are not a hotel

mmm.. Business bookings do come through the PA and airbnb is now going for the business market so I don't think the third party booking  rule checks out in this case. If you dont mind dogs , our men attending a conference (check which one) who will be out all day and all evening sound like idea low maintenance low cost guests to me.  I would take them. The majority of people I get are first time airbnb users.