Last minute alterations

Amanda1110
Level 1
Viewbank, Australia

Last minute alterations

I am starting to get tired of guests being able to make last minute reservation changes without any penalty. I have a strict cancellation policy and it has happened again yesterday where a guest who had booked 6 nights in advance sent through an alteration request down to three nights, leaving me with three empty nights this week with no time to find a replacement and causing complications with my cleaning schedule. updating my staff is additional work. Why aren’t they penalised the same % fee as my cancellation policy for the nights they cancel as compensation? 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I think the question is @Amanda1110 why are you accepting these last minute alterations, you can simply decline them. Tell them if they want to cut short their trip they need to cancel the dates they no longer want as it is too late for you to accept the amendment.

Best Helen

Because they will leave me a bad review

@Amanda1110   "Because they will leave me a bad review."   

Well, those words sum up everything that makes my skin crawl when reading these forums. Look at that again and again and ask yourself:  is this really the kind of host that you want to be?  Already cowering in fear of one single (possibly) negative review, before the guest has even crossed your doorstep?

Does this mean that a nightmare guest can get away with whatever they want once they arrive too?  Break your rules, damage your property, slap you in the face? Because you'd rather endure stress or damage or lost income than risk not getting a 5-star rating?

Those stars are just pixels. It's a flimsy currency designed to manipulate you.  How much income and dignity are you prepared to sacrifice for some pixels?