Last minute review?

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Last minute review?

Hi everyone 🙂

I have to leave a last minute before deadline review. I don't want my guest to have to much time to leave a review for me. 

I know I have 14 days to leave a review. If she left Monday morning check out time 10 AM do I then have until Monday morning two weeks later 10 AM or is it Tuesday 10 AM? 

Best Sandra

15 Replies 15

I can't remember, however, Airbnb will remind you daily and finally tell you that it is your last chance to review your guest.

Thank you, @Donna240 🙂 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sandra,

It's exactly 14 days, so it would be the Monday.

However, I don't think the hour in the day corresponds to the time the guest left, i.e. 10 am.

(I'm not sure because I have Flexible Check-In & Out Times, and it maybe different for those with precise times). 

I rather believe the hour in the day corresponds to the hour you received the first automated email to review.

I normally get it around 3-4 pm on the day of Guest's departure, and my cut off point seems to be exactly 14 days from then. 

@Alon1 Thank you very much! I will take a look at the mail I received 🙂 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

The guest can leave a review for you without your leaving a review for them so I am not clear what you are trying to accomplish here, @Sandra856.  

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Linda108 The guest I had was horrible and very disrespectful. She must know that if I leave her a review it won't be a good one. So far she hasn't left me one and maybe she thinks that if she doesn't leave me one I won't leave her one. That's why I want to leave mine last minute. That way she won't have long to submit hers. 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sandra,

I've also used this tactic on a few occasions.

Though normally I find the ones who wish to leave a negative review are quick to do so.

In that case, I rather delay my Review till the last minute, so using up the full 14 days.

I do so especially when I've had other guests in the meantime, and hope that at least one or more will leave a positive review. This way, the negative review will be superseded and not appear as the most recent one on my profile.

However, Airbnb changed the way Reviews are found on the listing per se. As an experienced Host I assume you will have noticed that It also used to be chronological as on the profile. 

A few years ago it was changed so review dates are now jumbled up, and negative reviews tend to be buried lower down. 

Hi @Alon1 🙂

Yes, you are right! The thing is I don't think she wants to write a negative review because I really didn't do anything. But she did and she diffenitely knows that. I once had a girl using all 4 of the towels provided for her as a sanitary towel. It was so gross. She left me a great review but gave me 2 stars in cleanliness. I know my home was as clean as it normally is when I have guests. But because she knew that she would probably get a bad review she punished me by downrating me. I want to try to prevent that this time 🙂

Debbie96
Level 8
Oxford, United Kingdom

I received my very first notice from AIRBNB to write a review for guest at  "Sunday, ---- 5:26pm"    I wrote and submitted my review at 5:24pm exactly fourteen days later (on a Sunday).  This was accepted.   At 5:26 this was posted on guest's profile.

Hope this clears up this question and is helpful to others.

Hi @Debbie96 🙂

Thank you so much for replying. Since I asked the question a new option has appeared. It know says days left like in the first picture below it says 13 days left (when pressing on the red button "write review" you will get to the first page of the review saying 12 days - on the last day it will say hours left. It is very helpful. Screenshot_20191117_230702.jpgScreenshot_20191117_230735.jpg

Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

@Sandra856 That's very helpful & good to know, thank you 🙂

Nur-Hanisah0
Level 2
Putrajaya, Malaysia

Hi @Sandra856 did you manage to leave the last minute review? I am currently experiencing the same situation as yours, and I am told I have 26 hours left to review the bad guest. And I am setting my alarm clock for this

Hi @Nur-Hanisah0 🙂

It will count down in minutes within the last hour. It works really well. Luckily I haven’t had to leave a last minute review that many times but it is nice that the system is now put together this way so it is possible to see how much time is left in minutes within the last hour :-). 
Best, Sandra 

Great! Thank you so much for this info @Sandra856 🙂 very helpful.