Listing Not Using Default Pricing

Andrea2346
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Listing Not Using Default Pricing

Is anyone else having this issue? We DON'T have smart pricing turned on, nor have we ever used it since it way under prices our listing. We've got our base price set to $105 and weekends set to $135. BUT, these prices are not showing up. Instead, our calendar appears to be using smart pricing rates (even though smart pricing is off) since each day has a slightly different rate that is much lower than our base rates. I went in and manually updated day by day earlier in the week and when I go back in later in the day or the next day, it's back to using the lower pricing again. 

I've been working with support but so far they haven't been able to fix it. Support also cleared out all prices yesterday so that it uses my default and I checked again today and once again, my calendar is listing the lower pricing. (What we really need is someone in tech support, not regular call center support.)

I'm hoping we're not the only ones experiencing this since ID'ing the issue will be easier if there are multiple hosts complaining.

So, are we the only ones? Or has anyone else had this happened and gotten them to fix it??

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Andrea2346 

You have two active listings, so not clear which one you are addressing. I looked at nr 30422662 , which shows the $ 105,- per night price, which is discounted in august with 45% to $ 58,- per night.  Did you set discounts for 3,4 or other amount of nights (Section "length of stay") ?.Or if you have the multicalender availble: did you apply rulesets to your listing ?

As weekend tarief is not used, it looks as if Smart Pricing is on. Or Price tips was activated.

If the problem can not be repaired or located, i suggest to duplicate the listing (via duplicate option) and check on the fresh one if things are back to normal.

Best regards,

Emiel

Andrea2346
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

@Emiel1  The listing in question is nr 30422662, the one you were looking at. There are no discounts for anything other than month-long stays. There are also no rules set. I agree--it DOES look like smart pricing is on but I can assure you it is off. 

If I duplicate my listing, do my reviews come over? If not, this is not an acceptable solution since there is clearly a bug.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Andrea2346 

When duplicating:

The reviews remain in your account for the "old" listing, but the "new" listing will start from scratch regarding reviews, as it has a unique number. But you can duplicate it, only just for testing if the pricing error is still there.

It is clear Smart Pricing is not on, there is some discount applied on the fixed prices

(105,- and 135,- for the weekend)

Are you sure no discounts is set anywere (like discounts for specific periods of time or specific dates or discount via rulesets ? ). Because the booking from clearly applies discounts.

Some other possible reasons:

- did you activate or subscribed to an external pricing system (like beyondpricing) ?

- Is there somebody else having access to your account ?

Best regards,

Emiel

Our property is a duplex and both units are each separately listed on Airbnb. We're having this issue on 1 listing and not the other so it's clearly tied to my listing, not my account. I will duplicate the one with the issue to see what happens--I imagine you are recommending this to test if it's a settings issue.

Attached are screenshots of pricing and rule sets. As you can see, I'm not using discounts or rule sets at all. We also do not use pricing services (nor have we ever) and although my husband co-hosts, he does not touch pricing. Additionally, change history shows the changes coming from my log-in so it's definitely not his account that's the issue.

I understand it's common for these things to be tied to user error but I strong feel that all this data points to that not being the case. I've had issues with the Airbnb system being buggy in the past (not updating bed count when change in the UI, being unable to login to the community--this happened yesterday when pressing "sigin" kept redirecting me to the homepage) so there's definitely a strong precedent that development is the issue, not user. I'm in web development myself so I know how this goes.

pricing.jpgrule set.jpg

Andrea2346
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Here's a great example why I think it's an issue with the Airbnb platform. The first image is what my calendar looked like this morning with the wrong pricing that was pushed through. The next 4 images is after I manually fixed each day. If you notice, the price tip is the same as the lower pricing my calendar started at (first image). The issue isn't a %, rule, or a 3rd party. The issue is Airbnb adjusting my prices to the price tip or smart pricing for me. 

Andrea2346
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

calendar morning of 8.1.10 before changes.jpg

Andrea2346
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

price tip suggestion- 8.1.19- example 1.jpgprice tip suggestion- 8.1.19- example 2.jpgprice tip suggestion- 8.1.19- example 3.jpgprice tip suggestion- 8.1.19- example 4.jpg

Hello! Did you get to solved this problem? I am experiencing the exact situation. Going crazy...

🙂