Listing price higher than map price.

Ed209
Level 2
Bloomfield, NJ

Listing price higher than map price.

Trying to book a few nights in LA.  I go to the map and filter on my criteria.  Each listing on the left shows a total price, i presume for that location for the nights i have indicated.  But everytime i clidk on the listing the full page for that listing shows up with a price higher than displayed on the map.  What gives?

2 Replies 2
Manaema0
Level 1
Salem, OR

You can click on the price on the page to see the price breakdown. I think what you see on the map is their nightly price, but when you click on it for the full listing you see the extra charges. The extra charges are service fees from Airbnb, some may be cleaning fees the owners charge, and sometimes places also have occupancy taxes. So all of those combined bump up the price pretty significantly. And because cleaning fees are in there and those are specific to each owner, there's no way to tell how much extra it will be from the price you see on the map.

I've seen prices here only jump a few dollars when owners don't charge a cleaning fee, to $30 because the owners charged a $20 cleaning fee plus the other charges.

Hope this helps!

Ed209
Level 2
Bloomfield, NJ

Hi - thanks for responding.  The Listings i see on the page with the maps shows a total price for the period of my stay.  As far as i can tell so far it includes the cleaning and service fees but not the Occupancy or other taxes.  Not sure why that would be since what i care about is what i end up paying, but that seems to be the difference AFAI can tell.