Listing translation (add language) broken?

Elliott43
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

Listing translation (add language) broken?

Hi folks, I'm new here! My wife added our listing in Spanish and I'm trying to translate it into English.

Under 'Edit title & description', I click 'Add language' and then choose English. The validation immediately complains, showing 'Please fill out all listing details to save your updates' up top, highlighting the English slots for title and description in red and affixing error captions. The problem is that it seems to DISABLE those two inputs as well! Clicking into them shows a blinking cursor, but no amount of typing makes any text show up. The same thing happens on my wife's Windows PC in a different browser with the UI language set to Spanish.

Is there a trick to it? Is anyone else seeing the same problem? I sent a bug report with the 'Give feedback' link but they say they don't respond individually to feedback.

16 Replies 16
Elliott43
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

Found another three hosts having the same problem on the Spanish community site: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ayuda/Poblemas-al-adicionar-un-idioma-a-mi-anuncio/m-p/1195324  Here's hoping AirBnb fixes it soon!

You may want to speak to someone thru Airbnb Help Centre so they can assist in troubleshooting. If there's a bug, they could probably check their resources for solutions. 

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

I have the same problem. I had these fields filled in but now descriptions disappeared and I can't edit it.112.jpg

Lisa5013
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

I'm having the same problem as well. Hope it's fixed soon because I have my translations done and listing ready to go except for this problem!

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

I notified ABB about it. They sent me the entire instruction how to add description in another language completely ignoring it is not working! Ugh!!

Please @Piotr48  would you please share with us the workaround? I'm experiencing same issue both in chrome/firefox. Seems that bug is still unresolved.

Thank you

Hi @Katalin40, I don't have a solution. I contacted Airbnb again and they said they will look into it. We have to wait 😞

Lisa5013
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

I had a long text conversation with support, got told things like "you have to enter the information", etc. Last thing was logging out, deleting cookies from browser, logging back in. Still didnt work. At that point the person said they couldnt help and would escalate, and that i would hear back in 24 hours. that was 2 days ago.

I think everyone should contact tech support, send them a link to this conversation and push. I think I will also look for them on social media and ask there - maybe a public question will get more attention 🙂

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Whoops! Looks like their plans to add 31 new languages have somehow gone awry, and screwed up the languages they already did have... classic Airbnb...

https://www.fastcompany.com/90426244/you-can-now-use-airbnb-in-31-more-languages-heres-the-full-list

Elliott43
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

I contacted the help team too, and they acknowledged that it's a bug. They say developers are looking into it. I wouldn't be too optimistic about seeing a fix before New Years if the dev team is still mostly US based.

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Elliott43, noticed the same just today. English version is ok, but no way to make changes in Spanish title and description. Do not see any text there, boxes in red. 
Hope they will be able to fix it soon. 

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

It's fixed now!

Is your listing actually showing in both languages? I added in the spanish with "add language" function, but when I look at the listing it still just shows the headings (like "read more" and "neighborhood" in spanish, but the content still pulls from the english.

just thought i'd see if you're having the same before i go back to tech support again.

I checked your listing and switched my profile to Spanish language and indeed it's still showing your listing in English. Maybe there's still issue with some languages because my profile is showing fine.