Listing views

Answered!
Sherylynn0
Level 2
Whanganui, NZ

Listing views

Hi fellow hosts,

Being fairly new to the hosting game, I am pretty obsessed with the (view) numbers as they give me encouragement that my listing is being viewed, however, I am finding the delay in this data to be quite frustrating.

It is the 5th Sept, but my view count only goes as far as the 1st or 2nd of Sept and this afternoon I discovered that the count keeps changing. I am playing around with my prices and I need to see what impact that is having on my listing being viewed, but with such a large time gap it makes it really challenging to see if I am losing potential guests.

Does anyone else have this same issue or do most of you ignore the data and use third party software to keep track of the information?

Apologies if this is a silly question or obsession! 🙂 LOL. 

Thanks in advance

1 Best Answer
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Sherylynn0  & welcome to CC fellow New Zealander!

It's a good point you have raised as I to get a little annoyed at the 3 day delay in data and wonder if ABB can ensure it's updated more promptly like we have msgs sent to us.

@Lizzie @Quincy Do you if this can be changed to be more up to date?

Be mindful with your 1st 3 bookings  @Sherylynn0  ABB do an email out offering a 20% discount so price yourself to cover your expenses including time.

There's great info and helpful advice here in CC so use keywords in the searchbox to help you with your pricing, booking, hosting experience.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera

Auckland, NZ

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Sherylynn0  & welcome to CC fellow New Zealander!

It's a good point you have raised as I to get a little annoyed at the 3 day delay in data and wonder if ABB can ensure it's updated more promptly like we have msgs sent to us.

@Lizzie @Quincy Do you if this can be changed to be more up to date?

Be mindful with your 1st 3 bookings  @Sherylynn0  ABB do an email out offering a 20% discount so price yourself to cover your expenses including time.

There's great info and helpful advice here in CC so use keywords in the searchbox to help you with your pricing, booking, hosting experience.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera

Auckland, NZ

Hi Helen,

Thanks so much for the feedback and assist. 

We agreed to the discounted price and have had 3 guests take us up on the offer. They all arrive in October. 🙂 We looked at it as marketing spend to get us our first few bookings. 

Looking forward to where this journey is taking us. Absolutely thrilling so far!

Thanks again,

Sherylynn

Hi Helen,

I also forgot to mention that I discovered the Airbnb professional tools that we are starting to use to manage our listing as the data is far more up to date. Being a software developer, I am particularly drawn to data and functionality so have found these tools to be more aligned with my expectations.

Hope that will be helpful to anyone else interested in their data. 🙂

Thanks,

Sherylynn

Hi Sherylynn, can you tell me more about the professional tools and where one can find them?

Hi Nikolai,

To be honest, I actually cannot remember the exact process of to enable the professional tools, but did find the following link that will assist you.

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/help/article/2499/how-can-i-use-professional-hosting-tools

I hope that helps and please reach out if you have any other questions.

Warm regards, Sherylynn

Dave-And-Julie0
Level 2
Stilton, United Kingdom

Hi - back in the day before Covid when we had to shut down we could see the number of 'views' to give us an idea whether our listing was ok - can't find this service now?