Listings commonly don't show up

Ashley197
Level 6
Seattle, WA

Listings commonly don't show up

Hi all, 

I've had a good dozen times over my two years of hosting when I notice bookings don't come in for several days, I get worried, and then I check and can't find in incognito mode my AirBnB listings. If you do a search in Seattle, superhost, instant book, for 8/20 to 8/21, zoomed in to the northern part of the city (Greenlake, Maple Leaf Park) and for 4 guests can you find any of my open listings (Cherry Blossom, Northwest is Best, Sleep in Seattle)?  Here's a link to the search I did in incognito mode (hoping to mimic what a random, non-repeat, guest might see): https://www.airbnb.com/s/Seattle/homes?refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2Fhomes&toddlers=0&click_referer=t%3A...  

I contact AirBnB help each time and just get a response a day later saying they can find it, so they're closing the case. Yet, the problem persists of me not finding it at times on incognito and there being no non-repeat guest bookings. I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, but it's getting increasingly frustrating and bad for business if I'm not showing up in search at all. 

3 Replies 3
Ashley197
Level 6
Seattle, WA

I should add that I've been following instructions from the link below, and still getting periods in which my listings don't show up in an incognito search. https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Why-can-t-I-see-my-listing-in-the-Search-Results-A-Commu...

Faith65
Level 2
Houston, TX

We are in the same boat with you, for weeks now. We have called over and over again. They have closed the case when it is not resolved and we had to call in again to escalate this matter. No one has any answers. The entire software system is a complete nightmare. We are talking about thousands of dollars lost due to Airbnb lack of support for Hosts and for IT issues. 

Charles380
Level 3
Vancouver, CA

Hi Ashley,

I totally understand your frustration with Airbnb's IT issues. We do face this now and then, and the solution is quite difficult. We usually go about starting a new listing or completely re-optimizing the initial, because sometimes Airbnb hides listings they find inactive to boost others they think will be a better fit for guests. Airbnb's back-end is all made up of automation, so the more active you are with even minor matters, the more likely you will show up (instead of sometimes not showing up at all!). This includes regular price adjustments (daily even), 100% responsivity, and under an hour response rate always. We also recommend getting onto some of their qualifications, such as business-ready, family-ready, or Superhost.

If you want to chat more about fixing this, give us a shout and we can see how we can best assist getting your listing back up and running. 

Happy hosting!

Best,

Charles at HostGenius