Location ratings

Samantha294
Level 2
Palm Bay, FL

Location ratings

Recently Airbnb rolled out an new metric system and notified users that we would no longer have a drop in ratings if a guest rated us low based on location. Well I have 64 reviews with 60 of them with a 5start rating. 4 of them are a 4 star rating due to location. So my overall rating in a 4.8 which I feel is very low. Especially because Airbnb just told me that location review ratings cant lower your score. I called customer service to inquire about my rating and they told me there's nothing they can do. Why even be scored on location when its the guest that chose to stay at your place. Your location on the map shows the guest approximately where they are staying. .. I am confused and not happy. Why are we being judged for location when that is out of our hands? Its not like I can pick up my house and move it for a guest.

4 Replies 4
Tara-and-Adam0
Level 2
United States

I have to agree with this. My ratings are lower only because of location. I cant pick up my house and move it. If they wanted to review on accuracy of location description, that would be fair. I clearly state I live on a busy one way street half ways between downtown and beaches. you want a quiet neighborhood or want to stay downtown or on beaches, pick somewhere else. Dont rate me low because I cant move my house. I can fix anything else. 

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

I just wish Airbnb would grow up and join the nightly lodging industry  standards used in the internationally accepted hotel rating review guidelines.  They never ask to rate 'location' because it is used by Hotels and hotels are located where ever they are allowed to be located. 

Similarly our little Airbnb places are located where ever our municipality allows them to be located.

I just confirmed with Super Host support services that the Location rating had NOT been removed from the over all score rating, which I understood had been approved as a much called for change.

Like many of you I have posted my units on other platforms just to ease the stress of relying upon the Airbnb guest rating system to determine my financial success in this business.

Susan
Anthea13
Level 1
York, United Kingdom

I agree, just got a 2 star for location!! how annoying when I have given a full and honest description saying my home is 20/25 minutes walk from the city centre, not far but obciously this person needed to be in the thick of things, and it HAS lowered my overall ratings

Kristi36
Level 5
St Paul, MN

Location rating is my biggest issue. I live in a safe, clean, cute neighborhood, easy to get to and close to restaurants and shopping and in a city that has been consistently on lists of the top 10 cities to live.  And yet folks still take off a star because it's not close to where they wanted or needed to go-- usually the famous Mayo Clinic (which is actually only 6 miles/10 minute drive). This is all stated in my description, and yet I get four stars because they couldn't walk there. Someone lowered location because the drive to the airport was 18 minutes. Someone gave me four stars for location, saying my home was on a "bland, Steven Spielbergesque suburban street."  I just don't know . . .  Location should be about accuracy of description. Location brings my rating down; nothing else does.