Lost superhost despite promise

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Lost superhost despite promise

Just noticed I have lost superhost. When I cancelled back in March due to covid, I was promised it would not count by phone support. No penalty. I even got the superhost message last send out, but now it seems to have reverted  which is interesting. I hope the financial penalties don't kick in as well. I don't think present phone support will be a useful route to take, but it's certainly annoying.

15 Replies 15
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Sandra126  Could it possibly be volume or some other metric than the cancellation??

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sandra126 

I would not be depressed by losing Superhost status. There is NO advantage attached to it.

It is a marketing gimmick and Airbnb pushes you to unrealistic limits to please your guests. My experience is i get less(!) reservations when being a superhost then when being a "normal" host.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Your profile still shows you as a Superhost to me:

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 6.52.37 PM.png

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Emilia42 weird. Yes, was promised no fines, no cancellation reviews, no loss of anything. And so it was until recently, says I have cancelled 1,19% of bookings. I cancelled more than that due to covid.  It's odd.

@Sandra126 I have noticed that sometimes I loose the badge as well, but only here in the  Airbnb community. So it most be a community - tech - error or something :-). It has been like that for a long time. Sometimes the badge is missing. Now for instance. 

Odd. It's not so much about the superhost per se,  more about the fact that what they said and what they did are different things. Penalty free, not penalty free. But I can't take the argument, no energy for conflict. It seems that all but one cancellation went through free.

Hi @Sandra126

I noticed the missing badge on my community profile a long time before Covid19 was even a thing (it has been like this for at least a year). Sometimes the badge is suddenly visible again :-). So I don't think the missing badge in this community got anything to do with cancellations or got anything to do with how we have hosted. I have been a superhost the whole time so I really don't know why the badge is currently gone.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Sure, but still a non delivery of promise, as my account shows I've cancelled more than allowed.

But if the system thought that you had cancelled with penalties you wouldn't have got the badge on your actual Airbnb profile? I haven't cancelled on any guests and my stats are as they should be - still the badge is missing from this community. And it has been like this for quite a while. But only on my community profile. 

Maybe @Lizzie or @Quincy could help us out understanding why our badges are missing? 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the tag @Sandra856 ‌🙂‌ I will have to check this with the team. Please bear with me as I may not get a direct answer to this question.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Quincy wrote:

Thanks for the tag @Sandra856 ‌🙂‌ I will have to check this with the team. Please bear with me as I may not get a direct answer to this question.

Thank you very much @Quincy 🙂 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Sandra856 @Sandra126, I just wanted to give you a quick update regarding the issue with the badges. The team is looking into this right now and I hope they can come back with an answer soon! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thank you, @Quincy 🙂