Message failed to send

Message failed to send

Hi, I'm experience host from Belgrade, Serbia and I have issue with Airbnb app / web site. I can not replay to any request that I'm receiving as inquiry. All the time just receiving note that "Message failed to send". Does anybody have same issue? Thanks. Nemanja.

12 Replies 12
Denis-Mark0
Level 10
Lahnstein, Germany

Hi @Nemanja23 ,

you have the same problem on both? Website and App? Does it work again?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nemanja23 

sometimes I have the same problem on WhatsApp, what I do is - I go to settings / mobile data options/voice & data ... and then switch between 3G and LTE or vice versa

if it doesn't work try to deinstall and reinstall Airbnb app

@Branka-and-Silvia0 and @Denis-Mark0 

First huge thanks for support and replay!! This community here is so nice and i will spend more time here!

Yes I have a problem with both. I can not send message on app or desktop, the same problem.

I tried everything: to use other browsers for desktop, to use iphone and android, to change email, to change password, to reinstall app ... everything and still do not work.

As most like all of you i really give my best to promote airbnb and mine experiences and for example I have inquiry for tomorrow and I can not replay, so I will lose money, airbnb will lose money and we will have unsatisfied client. Because of that i can not believe that nobody from airbnb do not want to send any kind of information, nothing. Also they did not send me payment for one experience and for almost 2 months i send 10 claims to them and I also did not receive any replay. Not professional for such big company.

Anyway huge thanks for you support and replay.

Nemanja.

@Nemanja23AirBnb says to communicate only inside website or app. But as long as the problem is not resolved, can you get the phone number from the reservation details contact your guest via sms or whatsapp?

As it's a technical issue it's inevitable to contact customer service to let them know and to fix it. 

You could also tag the community manager so that he forwards your problem.

@Denis-Mark0 thanks for advice. 

I received inquiry regarding some private photoshoot and I need to send them details before they book me. So i can not see their contact details. I also texting all the time to customer service and not replay.

Once again huge thanks and I will post here once again when i solve this problem. 

@Denis-Mark0 huge thanks!! 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nemanja23 

did you try to do the following on your iphone?

settings / mobile data options/voice & data ... and then switch between 3G and LTE or vice versa

although it doesn't explain why you can't reply via desktop 😞  Did you try to log out and then login again? Sounds stupid but ...

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

yes 🙂 i received you message but i can not replay on it.

now i received message from airbnb support and i will try to solve with them, after that i will text here what i did .... 

Veliko hvala 🙂

Nemanja.

@Nemanja23 

I hope CS will able to solve the problem . I like your experiences and I like photography, if I ever come to Belgrade I'll book it 🙂

@Branka-and-Silvia0 huge thanks! it will be my pleasure. See you soon in Belgrade or Zagreb.

Just to keep all you up to date.

Now i have even bigger problem, when somebody book me i was always sending welcome message with all details of mine experience. Se it is even harder to communicate with them.

Also from Airbnb support i just receive info that they will see where a problem is.

For me this is strange because i have a problem on app and also on web, and i checked with other host in serbia and they to not have any problem. So my conclusion is that airbnb doing something with my profile because i also miss one payment ... crazy

Jeff319
Level 2
Brooksville, FL

Was this ever resolved?  I have the same exact issue and have spent now 8 hours on the phone with service, many many requests, no resolution absolutely no updates.  I'm about ready to abandon Airbnb.  I have six listings and cannot respond to my guests.  Yes, once they book I can use their cell phone to send messages.  however before they book when they have questions I cannot respond at all.  I have never been so frustrated with a company in my entire life.

I can still not read any messages from my guests.