Miscommunication cancellation

Juniyarsi0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Miscommunication cancellation

Our latest booking was cancelled only 2 days before arrival. However not by the guest but by Airbnb. Guest informed us that Airbnb did't collect the second payment and learned that Airbnb had cancelled the booking. However Airbnb messaged us that the guest cancelled the booking. The vila name is Villa Limon in Seminyak and the guests name is Roy from New Zealand. Where can I go to find clarification regarding this issue ? As I understand the guest still wants to rent the villa. Looking forward hearing from you. Kindest regards, Ayuk

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Juniyarsi0 

you can't know, it is a he-said-she-said situation. You can call Airbnb again, you may get another CS rep and see what he will say.

It is in Airbnb's best interest NOT to cancel any reservation, so when they DO cancel there must be something very wrong about it. I would be cautious with this guest and wouldn't allow him to book outside Airbnb and pay in cash.

Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

I have heard of them cancelling reservations because of background checks, or maybe they tried to collect payment and were not able. Have the guest try again and ask them to contact airbnb on the phone.