Multiple nights booked through separate bookings

Answered!
Jackie1
Level 3
Freeport, The Bahamas

Multiple nights booked through separate bookings

I just wondered as it occurred to me today, is there anything in place by Airbnb to stop a guest making several bookings at different listings for the same time period in order to block it from other guests while they make up their mind? We had an instant booking today and then she went and asked questions that could have been answered had she looked at the first couple of lines of the listing description.  My husband and I called it, we said she is going to cancel once she had her answers. I know through experience that a lot of people do not read thoroughly they look at pictures only and then book. So basically just curious if there is anything to stop a guest from booking my place and then two or more others in the same time frame. 

1 Best Answer
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Jackie1 they can only cancel penalty free 3 times per year so I guess that is what stops them. And the fee isn't refundable at all if the reservation they cancel overlaps with another reservation. They would be losing a lot of money if they do that. Also your cancelation policy might stop them. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Jackie1 they can only cancel penalty free 3 times per year so I guess that is what stops them. And the fee isn't refundable at all if the reservation they cancel overlaps with another reservation. They would be losing a lot of money if they do that. Also your cancelation policy might stop them. 

Jackie1
Level 3
Freeport, The Bahamas

ok thank you so much for that, I wasn't aware.  That is a certain amount of protection for the host against selfish bookings. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can't make multiple bookings for the same dates @Jackie1 

Dave876
Level 1
Kinneff, GB

What if I wanted to book a group of people in two nearby places for the same dates? I just did that, one accepted, the other did not respond and so that booking was automatically cancelled leaving me with one booking which is now no use and no refund, so I'm £240 out of pocket. 😞