My blocked dates keep being unblocked!

Zoë1
Level 1
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom

My blocked dates keep being unblocked!

Hi there,

I was wondering if any of you had experience of this. I have blocked out the whole of the summer holidays on my calendar, so that I can use the property myself. I have checked and double-checked that the weeks are all blocked off. However, I keep getting endless requests for bookings for those weeks, which I obviously have to respond to within 24 hours - which is frustrating. Also - the prices are ludicrous - it seems that AirBnB have just pasted in my default winter prices - and enabled people to make booking requests using wrong prices and blocked dates! Anyone else experienced this - or know what I can do? Is there a good way to contact AirBnB to resolve it?

Many thanks!

Zoë

17 Replies 17
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Happens all the time to us - a few days here, a few days there...

It means we can never accept a booking without physically checking the calendar.

Other hosts have the same problem - silence from AirBnB

Mateus4
Level 2
Cleveland, OH

I have blocked this one week just about five times now... If a guest instant books in that timeframe I would have to cancel and it would ruin my stats 😕

Leslie74
Level 1
Marlborough, Australia

I find this site very hard to use . I have guests coming next week for two weeks & can't work out how to block those dates . HELP!

Yes I confirm i had similar problem some time with Airbnb and I thought a ghost or airbnb bad employes are playing with my nerves. ALso I had listings put on 'enlist' and then next day I see them out of public view but I just read today that Airbnb admits for doing that when I have rejected 4 requests in recent past.

Shelly8
Level 2
Centennial, CO

Same here.  I have 3 months blocked off since I work overseas.  I check several times a week and find a random day or days unblocked.  Not sure what the deal is.

Anna265
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

This has been happening to me regularly. It means I have had to cancel two bookings which have been made for dates that I have checked and rechecked have been blocked. I also have to check forward on my calendar regularly and reblock dates that have suddenly appeared as available. It's embarrassing, and it means that those dates continue to be blocked even if I decide to release them at a later date. Has anyone herd anything from Airbnb about how to recify this?

Nicola120
Level 1
Escoznar, Spain

Hi, 

im new to air B and B and I am having problems with bookings being made when I have specifically blocked out dates. I see some of the messages here are over 6 months old and I'm wondering if there is an uodate and if this thing has been resolved somehow? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Nicola

Christophe142
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

I keep having that happen to me too. 

I have taken screen shots of dare shown as blocked then I will receive a booking request with dates unblocked. 

Very frustrating! 😞

Mat28
Level 2
Cook Islands

I have just had an instant book reservation, where I have had almost 3 months blocked off given I have occupancy for August, September and a week in October.  How does that work and I have checked my calendar and it shows blocked, yet, a guest has managed to book. Most frustrating! Help!

Mat28
Level 2
Cook Islands

The penalties for cancelling this reservation include not being a Superhost for a year, getting a public review that shows you cancelled, paying a cancellation fee, and having the cancelled nights blocked on your calendar.  That is the policy, yet, I have had the booked dates blocked, I am mystified as to how the booking was made, given the dates are blocked on my calendar..and now I will get penalised, that is most unfair..

Just had to cancel a booking due to someone being able to book over Christmas  which had been blocked over the festivities.

I was due to be assesed for superhost after a very long wait without, and was anxious not to lose this.  You're automatically declined  if you cancel.

Airbnb were quick to respond and waived the panalties however this keeps happening and they should sort out this very serious glitch.

I find myself having to continuously check my calendar as its not nice to let people down, explaining why, contacting airbnb and waiting for a resonse etc.

@Sarkis- And -Linda0 check the answer above and keep an eye on the end of your calendar as it automatically rolls forward continouously . H

Adam-And-Gosia0
Level 1
Kraków, Poland

This is still happening, 6 years later.  I cannot believe AirBnB still has not sorted this issue.  Its rediculous.  It angers guests and puts hosts in a really bad position.  

Just happened again!