My blocked dates keep being unblocked!

Zoë1
Level 1
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom

My blocked dates keep being unblocked!

Hi there,

I was wondering if any of you had experience of this. I have blocked out the whole of the summer holidays on my calendar, so that I can use the property myself. I have checked and double-checked that the weeks are all blocked off. However, I keep getting endless requests for bookings for those weeks, which I obviously have to respond to within 24 hours - which is frustrating. Also - the prices are ludicrous - it seems that AirBnB have just pasted in my default winter prices - and enabled people to make booking requests using wrong prices and blocked dates! Anyone else experienced this - or know what I can do? Is there a good way to contact AirBnB to resolve it?

Many thanks!

Zoë

17 Replies 17
Vicki535
Level 2
Ohio, United States

I just had it happen again. I've even had requests for bookings when someone was already booked. 

Maja241
Level 1
M, Germany

I think they do it on purpose! I have already had to decline 4 enquiries this year, and one more that I couldn't decline - which resulted in issuing me a fine around 50€. I contacted the customer service every time, but they just said that everything works well. So, the logical consequence is that they unblock our calendars to effectively make us pay fines. I am thinking of leaving this page, as it is unnerving to respond at every booking enquiry within 24 hours.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Zoe1 It depends how far ahead guests can book . If it is three months then as the three months turns into three months minus two days then it automatically is open with those dates listed at your current rate. Many guests 'fish ' these dates . Keep an eye on the end of your calendar or it will happen   H