My listing won't appear in search with minimum possible filters. Why use all filters?

Lily22
Level 1
San Ramon, CA

My listing won't appear in search with minimum possible filters. Why use all filters?

My listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13999922 
is not displaying in search when I type the location. Why would it requires user to apply all the filters what if some guest are looking for properties without applying much filters. It should appear in search result any how. 

Also I was checking a program which uses some algorithm to check Airbnb listing Ranking ( works fine on all the other listings ) but when I search this one it fails to get the property from search. 

Kindly help!

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lily22 

Your listing is in the search system without any filter applied:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=81999555&map_toggle=true

You can also use the link to test on which filters it will appear or not.

Ironically your listing title is "Hidden Gem Near Disney World..."   ;>)

Best regards,

Emiel

Jayne113
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi Emiel1, I also cannot find my listing, listed it on Monday 19th and was emailed to say its published. its been more than the recommended 72 hours, I dont know how to find out if its something I have done wrong or if there was some glitch. any suggestions?

Thank you

Jayne

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jayne113 

Your listing is in the search system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=116030367&map_toggle=true

(maybe zoom in some more on the map when searching)

Please note you offer 20% discount to first 3 bookings.

It will also add up to weekly (15%) and monthly (25%) discounts set

(so monthly discount is then 45% !)

Best regards,

Emiel

Jayne113
Level 1

Hi Emiel,

Thank you. If I click on your link posted I find it but still don't find it I serarch just based on looking in my area and zoom in, strange. When I click on your link, the map shows us being in the middle of nowhere, actually not in the suburb of Lonehill in Johannesburg. I dont even recognise the location it says we are in. I have been and tried to fix that in the edit section, but to no avail. I guess thats why I can't find my listing, I'm searching in the 'wrong' area. when you searched to find my listing, what area does it say we are in out of interest?

I will address the discounts issue, I am new at this and was following the suggested prompts that were suggested as I was creatring the profile for the property. its all a bit overwhelming in the beginning. Is it necessary to offer the 20% on the first 3 bookings or the week and month stay discounts? the system suggests you are less likely to get bookings if you don't do this.

Thanks  so much, again.

Jayne

Jayne113
Level 1

Hi again, I have located my listing in Vosburg ZA, hundreds of kilometers from where I actaully have my cottage. I also noticed that all the listings for Vosburg are all new and most of them are clearly not actually in Vosburg. Quite a few of the Vosburg listing are in Cape Twon and near the beach etc, while Vosburg is in the middle of the Freestate, nowhere near the coast. Could there be some glitch that assigns all the new listings to Vosburg??

I hope nobody books my accommodation expecting it to actually be in Vosburg...

We are trying to fix the location, its defaulting to saying it cannot locate us. Frustrated but hoping to resolve this.

Kind regards,

Jayne