Need advice on an idea with bed pillows

Lisa1307
Level 1
Ohio, United States

Need advice on an idea with bed pillows

For our beach condo which is rented back to back (weekly) all summer, we use our cleaning service provides standard linens and towels as part of the fee we charge our guests.  A few reviews have indicated they wish the towels were thicker or the linens better quality.  The latest review our guest sent a private note to me about the bed pillows.  Our King size bed has king size pillows (actually down ones that I love) and she apparently hated them.  She indicated that she thought we should have more pillows available for use.  So here is my dilemma:   Our service only provides 2 pillow cases per bed.  While I can provide additional pillows, how do I make sure that the pillowcases on those other pillows are laundered?  I was think about hanging up instructions that additional pillows  with pillowcases are available for their use, but they are required to wash/dry and return folded pillow cases back to the designated area for the next guests use.  What do you think of that approach?  Not sure guest will find that convenient.  

3 Replies 3
Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Lisa1307 i honestly have 4 pillows in all my bed, I have some rooms with King bed, 4 pillows and Queen bed still 4 pillows. I have in each set 2 firm pillows and 2 medium and some synthetic filling or Down and some are synthetic.

Same with Duvet in 2 bedroom flats i have 1 down duvet king size and 1 cotton synthetic.

Because i know in hospitality u can't please everyone so i try to have a mixture of things. If someone tells me he is allergic to down I guide him to another set. I never had any complaint on the pillow as I made sure when they start losing shape i change them and give the old one to the charity shop.

For the PIllow all my extra pillowcases are either white or blue as some bed set come with only 2 pillows so i can complete them with white or blue.

Buy some extra pillows and pillows case and store them in case a guest requested it tell them where to find them.

If an issue come up few time on private message is good to make a fast change 

Vera314
Level 2
Woodbridge, VA

STRONGLY AGREE ABOUT VARIETY, YOU NEVER  KNOW WHAT GUEST LIKES, I PUT 4 PILLOWS IN EACH BED, 1 DOWN, 1  SYNTHETIC AND 2 SYNTHETIC COVER WITH BED SET PILLOWCASES FOR DESIGN OR EXTRA USE PER GUESTS. I AM BAND NEW FOR AIRBNB BUSINESS BUT SO FAR NO COMPLAINS AND 5 STARS REVIEWS. I PUT A LOT OF EFFORT AND RESEARCH,AND SOME MONE TO SPLEASE PEOPLE AS I WANT TO BE SERVED BY OTHERS.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Lisa1307 @Vera314 @Marie82 

I recently hosted a Guest who removed the pillow from inside the pillow case & inserted Towels as they preferred to sleep on a firmer surface & didn't like pillows.

Another guest travels with their childhood pillow case covers when away from home as it reminds them of their family when so many miles away.

There's all manner of people out in the big wide world & perhaps it's best to ask oneself, "Is the Guest's comments/ request a one off and best just swept aside or should it be taken as constructive feedback?"

Maybe ask future guests, if you can, what they think of the pillows & if they found them comfortable etc.

I've a friend who doesn't like Down feather pillows because of the way the birds are kept & processes they go through, others hate synthetics .

"We can't please all people all if the time but we can please them some of the time".

All the best.