Need your expert advice ASAP please!

Need your expert advice ASAP please!

A couple from Israel will be having a baby delivery from a surrogate mother here in the U.S.  They are looking at staying in our detached guesthouse for five weeks (before and after delivery) with flexibility in schedule due to date of birth which might lead them to go back home sooner.  They are asking if we would accommodate a couple with a newborn and if can provide a crib.  We have just been hosting since June of this year; basically new and have not had long-term reservations.  

Question:  

1,  In our posting, it states that it's not suitable for kids (I should have taken that out because we have accommodated them in the past).  We are willing to accept the reseervation, but we want to know what we need to watch out for in case we decide to accept. We can provide for a crib that they are requesting.  Do we have any liabilities here?  

2.  Can I ask them a copy of their passports e-mailed after or before accepting...is it even possible to obtain those before accepting reservation?

3.  What other vital information should we be asking?

4.  We intend to take a 30-day stay and then they'd have to book again if they will have to stay longer due to regs.   

5.  Right now, we have lowered our price/night because of the low season, can we still put it back to its regular pricing after the holiday season?  

We would like to take this one as we have had 1-2 bookings a month the past  months.  

We appreciate your advice the soonest as the inquiry is now about 8 hours past but been busy due to Thanksgiving with families that we've just had the time to to check on this.  Thank you,

Stan and Juris

Stan and Juris 

3 Replies 3
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I don't have all your answers but ''not suitable for children'' is not that applicable to newborns, in my view. Newborns don't move around which is a bonus. The one thing which leapt out at me is the crib issue. Could you ask them to provide a travel bed, something which they are sure to want anyway? Babies don't need a crib since they don't move, they just need a tiny space. A laundry basket will do really. I am just concerned because SIDS research changes all the time, as in don't sleep on used mattresses, firm mattresses are bad, toxic gas etc etc. This couple will want their baby super safe and I would not want to be the one who provides wrong equipment.

Yes, you can ask to see passports etc.

Thanks Sandra for the very prompt reply.  I see you have a point on the crib issue.  I will ask them to bring their own travel bed or they can shop for one when they get here.  Appreciate your input.

Adam178
Level 1
Richmond, VA

How did it turn out? We have a request from a Chinese family that is coming to the US to pick up twin babies via surragacy and we want to make sure it isn't spam.