Negative Feedback

Mary1541
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Negative Feedback

Hello I received the unfair negative   feedback from guest , when came to the flat he wasn’t normal at all he stayed at my flat for one night when I called them in the evening , he told me that everything is ok 👍  . As soon as he left I received her review , I never had bad feedback , I think that I don’t deserve that at all 

4 Replies 4
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I think all you can do with that one, @Mary1541 , is to reply professionally. Replies are for future guests, so something like:

We are perplexed by this review. Michael was a great guest who indicated to us that all was well. But we did check, and are pleased to report that the wifi and shower drain are working, and the sheets are always freshly laundered. The neighbours can be boisterous, so do keep that in mind. 

I notice someone else mentioned noise, @Mary1541 , so you might add that to "Details guests must know about your home" under Booking Settings. The one to check is "Potential for noise". 

I have that one checked on my listing, because sometimes the neighbours here get a bit loud.

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @Mary1541 

It's always really distressing when this happens, especially when you don't see it coming!.

I've had a quick look at this review and you're right. it's not great. However all of your other reviews are lovely.  I"ve also had a look at the reviews that this guest left for others and they were all very pleasant - he doesn't appear to be a serial negative reviewer, so it does seem as though he was genuinely unhappy ( who knows why? but airbnb will not take his review down)

I agree it was unfair for him to leave such negative statements without giving you any opportunity to address.

I think the only thing you can do now is to reply to his review. This is really more for the benefit of your future guests so it's VERY important that you ensure your reply is calm, factual, rational, polite etc etc. 

Maybe something along the lines of "i'm so disappointed that you  feel you did not have a 5 star stay like my other 34  guests.  I'm even more disappointed that you did not raise any of these concerns with me when I touched base with you.  I take my hosting very seriously and would have immediately addressed your concerns had I been given the opportunity."   ( soemtimes future hosts read comments their potential guests have left for others - I do - and they will see his reivew and your reply and think twice about hosting him)

Other more expeirenced ( and more diplomatic) hosts will probably be along soon to offer advice re the wording.

Otherwise, take a deep breath and move forward.  Soon this review will get buried under more positive ones. You'll feel bad for a couple of days, but then you'll get a great guest and this will just be a dim bad memory...  Future guests reading your reviews will see that this is just a "once off" and will most likely take no notice, which is the important thing.

@Mary1541 , @Lawrene0 

Lawrene replied to you as I was composing my reply ( I didn't see it till after I posted). Lawrene's suggested answer is much better I think - I'd go with that and also do as she suggests with the potential for noise idea.

Good luck!

@Mary1541  I agree  @Lawrene0  answer is a good response.  I would also add something similar to what @Rowena29   said  "5 star stay like my other 34 guests".  I rarely respond, but when I do I try to use it to my advantage.