Negative review are not showed. Bug or policy?

Negative review are not showed. Bug or policy?

Hi! I had bad experience with host from one of my previous jorney. After that I left negative review telling people not to use this host's accomodation. After one month I checked host's profile page and find out that there is no my review there. How this could be explained? 

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Vitalii0 ,

Did you check your account (own profile) to see if your written review is still there ?

Best regards, Emiel

Yes, it's still there, but not on host profile

@Vitalii0 negative reviews are certainly allowed. AirBnB would not remove a review just for being negative.

However, they *do* remove reviews if they violate their Content Policy.

Very common mistakes that cause a review to be removed:

Referring to something AirBnB did or paid as part of settling a dispute.

Writing something that seems retaliatory / extortionate

Here is the content policy:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/546/what-is-airbnb-s-content-policy

Ah, I see what could be the issue. Yes, I still can see my review on my page, but not on the host page.

Here is my review verbatim

"WORST host I had in my life. Apartment was in terrible condition in winter. I've got a little cold and my wife lost her voice because of broken window and cold breeze from it. We immediately cancel reservation and find another place to live. But host did not want to return at least some money and we had 5 more nights left. We just lost this money and Airbnb could do nothing in this cases. Customer is not protected, even though photos was provided with all the problems in apartment as well as doctor's note about my wife's illness due to cold breeze at night."

I guess Airbnb doesn't like when someone says that they do not protect their customers? 

@Vitalii0 it isn't that AirBnB will remove a review if you say they do not protect their customers.

AirBnB would also have removed your review if you said AirBnB was wonderful in protecting their customers and gave you a full refund.

It isn't the criticism that is against the rules; what is against the rules is referring at all to what AirBnB did to resolve the issue.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

That could be it @Vitalii0 - a review should refer to the host and the accomodation.  

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Vitalii0 also, reviews are sorted by country of origin, so it may be there but sorted somewhere further down the list