New host Seattle

Steve1009
Level 1
Seattle, WA

New host Seattle

My job requires significant travel. I have a one bedroom apartment in Seattle. I am considering putting it on Airbnb while Im out of town. Some of my travel requires that I am out of country for months at a time. If priced competitively, how often can i expect to rent my place, (ie, how often will it be vacant)?

my place is in the lower queen anne district, walking distance to  Seattle  center

Steve

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Try something like AirDNA. @Steve1009 

Thank you very much. Its awesome. !
Steve

Charles380
Level 3
Vancouver, CA

Hi Steve - we help a lot of hosts out who travel for business. There are a few aspects to take into account when renting your place.

1. Size: A one-bedroom apartment will always be the easiest to rent out, as you are marketing to the largest demographic on Airbnb. You can also target business-ready travelers. 

2. Location: Being that centrally located with an apartment is a huge benefit. You will appear high up quickly on search results, but keep in mind that there is a lot of competitors. You will need to get great photos of the unit and ensure your home is very guest-ready to get high reviews. 

3. Marketing: Make sure to quality for both Superhost and business-ready, as this will put you on-track for very high occupancy. 25% of all rentals on Airbnb come from corporate travelers, so it will be a huge plus.  Requirements for this are as follows:

• At least one business review
  • A high business review rating (4.8+)
  • A high overall rating (4.7+)
  • Hosts have indicated that the listing has a smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm

This may seem like a lot to take in, but if you put in the care required it will come naturally. 

4. Being active: Hosts downtown are usually more tentative to their listings, so you will need to be competitive with this. Your listing SEO will be measured of frequent updates to your pricing (to show your active), 100% responsivity, and a fast response rate... always under 1 hour. 

If you can check off all these points, you are set to make a LOT from a 1-bed apartment. To put it into persepctive, you could easily see over $4,100 per month. If this seems like too much to take on while travelling for work, give us a shout and we would be more than happy to assist.

Thanks!

Charles at HostGenius

Lee455
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Hi Steve,

We offer complete Airbnb Co-Hosting services in Seattle.

Let us know if you need help!

Lee J.

Sound Hosts, LLC
206-419-8303

Rudmila1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi , I have a 1bed in downtown Seattle that I would like a host for. Would you be interested? In connecting to talk about it?