New host questions

New host questions

I have a home that had been on on another site for almost 3 years with only a few problems.  I just checked out my first Airbnb guests and I am really scared.  These people assured me it was just 2 people and that they would not have a party.  They also knew the checkout time and that I had another booking that day.  Well, they had at least 20 people staying there, had a big party, broke wine glasses, wine stains on hardwood floors and they checked out late.  How do you collect on these damages?  The other site has insurance that the clients have to buy so that you can file a claim for breakage.  How can I protect myself?  How do you folks protect your properties ?

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. Vet your guests carefully

2. Have CCTV so you can monitor the listing and pick up guests who are either partying or bringing more guests than have booked.

3. Take out your own home insurance to cover STRs.

You can claim for damages against Airbnb's Guarantee.(you need to do this before your next guests check in and photography/video damage).

Please do read the Q&As on Airbnb's Help Centre to help you become familiar with how Airbnb works including information on how to claim for guest damages.