New listing no reservations

Answered!
Elena646
Level 2
Florence, Italy

New listing no reservations

Hello everybody:-)

I ve put my listing online this january.

I ve followed all tips from putting great pics to lower prices, but not a single request for now. My listing is at the very end of search results. 

Thanks a lot for any help, 

Elena

1 Best Answer

@Elena646, I think @Emiel1 made an excellent observation: there are a LOT of AirBnB listings in Florence. 

AirDNA counted 9,444 active listings.

Your listing is not really "at the very end of search results". When I managed to move the map so there was only 115 listings on the map, yours was near the top at #4. (Possibly because it still has the "New" tag on it.)

But there are so many listings in Florence that it is very hard to appear on the list at all.

You have Instant Book on, which helps a lot. The next most important thing is to get some good reviews... but you need guests to get reviews.

As suggested, perhaps you can promote outside of AirBnB to get your first bookings; once you have some good reviews from happy guests, that always helps your listing climb up the rankings.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Elena646 ,

Your listing looks great, i did not see anything disturbing. But their are a lot of listings in your city !

Did you look at your statistics pages to check the amount of views ?

I suggest to also promote the listing via social media (facebook etc..), relevant websites etc.

The direct links to your listing or homepage will do the job.

Best, Emiel

@Elena646, I think @Emiel1 made an excellent observation: there are a LOT of AirBnB listings in Florence. 

AirDNA counted 9,444 active listings.

Your listing is not really "at the very end of search results". When I managed to move the map so there was only 115 listings on the map, yours was near the top at #4. (Possibly because it still has the "New" tag on it.)

But there are so many listings in Florence that it is very hard to appear on the list at all.

You have Instant Book on, which helps a lot. The next most important thing is to get some good reviews... but you need guests to get reviews.

As suggested, perhaps you can promote outside of AirBnB to get your first bookings; once you have some good reviews from happy guests, that always helps your listing climb up the rankings.

Elena646
Level 2
Florence, Italy

@Emiel1 and @Matthew285 thank you very much for your answers! Actually there's a huge number of properties in Florence! I'll follow your tips, hoping to get the first reservations 🙂

Have a nice day,

Elena

Hi Elena Greeting from Bali Island,

I think same like me. I'm new host and I have finished all the listing but not a single request or view my listing. And I try to find my listing but I can't found my Listing. 

@Rooftop-Green-Hotel-Ubud0,

This not a "private room in a house", but it is a hotel. You offer only 1 room, but there are 66 rooms, maybe create more listings for more rooms ?

It is in the search system:

(turn on map if map not visible)

https://www.airbnb.com/s?host_id=234965195

There are a lot of listings in this area (300+), so guests have to zoom in on the map towards your locatation to make the listing visible.

But it can be found !

Ludo19
Level 1
Reykjavík, Iceland

Hello. I created a listing yesterday and got many reservations in a couple of hours. In the last 24 hours I didn't get any and I find it a bit strange. Is it just a random coincidence or is there a reason for that? Thank you.