New to Airbnb and having problems with my minimum stay mysteriously changing.

New to Airbnb and having problems with my minimum stay mysteriously changing.

We just listed our place and I have been having a major problem.  I have the listing set for a minimum stay of three nights.  Right away I received a request for a one night stay.  I went into the setting and the minimum stay was blank.  i changed it back to three and saved it.  Again I got a listing for a night and it was the same issue.  Sometimes it stays for a few days and then it reverts back to nothing in the minimum stay.  I have received three separate one night stay requests after I am certain it has been changed to three.

I called and the Airbnb agent was not very helpful.  He said the listing looks god and it should be set to three days now.  It has switched on me three times since then.   What can I be doing wrong?  I have instant book on and am worried I am going to get a one night booking that I do not want.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

John

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

First of all, turn off Instant Book until you get this sorted. A lot of hosts fid that settings have mysteriously changed all on their own- you need to keep at Airbnb to fix this. If you get a unhelpful rep, try again in the hopes you'll get a better one the next time. Don't let them brush you off by saying that it looks okay from their end- tell them you need someone from their tech team to find out why the setting keeps reverting.

@John-and-Kelly1

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@John-and-Kelly1  I agree with Sarah about not letting up on getting this fixed. I have had settings mysteriously change as well. My issue was tied to a glitch involving booking settings. Every time I would make a change to my rules, my check in/out times would revert to flexible. It took awhile to make the connection and then get it fixed. These glitches seem to come and go regularly, so get in the habit of looking through your settings regularly.